Through researching, I believe there is a flaw based on the care of the cemetery or rather lack there of. It could be argued that no one cares about the people buried here.
Based on my writing for the cemetery at Tom Sawyer Park, I have been thinking of people to do my oral history on. Some people I am currently considering are:
1. Gene Goodbub, genealogist and engineer to Central State Hospital 1962-1984, though he may not be alive.
2. Rev. Charles Barton, chaplain to Central State Hospital, he also may not be alive.
3. Phil DiBlasi, UofL archaeologist
4. A Tom Sawyer Park official
5. Scott Wade, the Courier Journal journalist from the 1997 articles
What do you want to find out?
I want to find out a deeper account of the Central State Hospital cemetery regarding the status, location, and responsibility of the cemetery. Depending on the person chosen for the oral history, the direction I go could vary, but the goal should stay the same.
What is the primary goal of this oral history?
The primary goal of this oral history is to gain information and background knowledge of the cemetery and how it has come to be what it is in Tom Sawyer Park.
Questions to ask them could be:
1. How do you feel about the disrepair of the cemetery?
2. What has led the cemetery to come to the state it is in?
3. Why has the property not be taken care of?
4. Who is responsible for the cemetery property?
5. How have you been anyway affected by Central State Hospital and its dealings with the cemetery? What kind of emotions do you feel towards the cemetery?
(The questions asked will be affected by who I end up doing my oral history on.)
EDITS: I have a meeting with Dr. DiBlasi the archeologists, so I am working on questions specific towards him.
1. What is your opinion on the state of the cemetery?
2. How do you think the cemetery could have been better taken care of?
3. You were quoted that the cemetery was a "comedy of errors", can you go more in depth with your thinking?
No comments:
Post a Comment