Sunday, June 12, 2011

Researching My Place

From visiting my place, I think that the state hospital cemetery that I discovered would be an aspect worth researching. I am interested in this place because of its oddity in the state park. It makes me think that the cemetery has been there longer than the state park has been there. It just happened to be on the state park land when it was made.  I would like to know the history of the cemetery such as when it was created, who was buried there, and what has led the cemetery to be in such disrepair. 

As for researched evidence for the Central State Hospital cemetery remains, I have found many websites stating that Tom Sawyer Park has remains of a cemetery from the state hospital, but not much more information than that. I even found events for a paranormal excursion at the grounds of the park. 

The website below is a summary about a news article from the Courier Journal in 1997 stating that the graves were found by a man and his two kids.

I have called and  left a message for the state park to try to receive some more research for the cemetery.

No comments:

Post a Comment