Friday, June 24, 2011

"Rural Idaho Town"

     From reading Holson's "Rural Idaho Town Seeks to Turn Film's Cult Status Into Prosperity", I determined that the angle of Holson's questioning was to receive information from the townspeople that showed their reacting to their fame from the film, "Napoleon Dynamite". She was looking for information that supported this angle that showed how "Napoleon Dynamite" affected the town. When she was conducting her research, Holson did so through personally. I drew from it that it was either by phone or meeting with them. I know this because the piece provided specific descriptions of clothing and what was worn. Holson talked to the townspeople and those who attended the festival for this piece. They were relevant for the town of Preston because they had been affected by what the movie did for the town which was Holson's angle and what she was looking for while writing.


     From reading "Decisions You'll Need to Make about Your Project," the option that most fits the angle of "Rural Udaho Town..." is option C. which is place the individual's experiences and/or perspective within a larger historical or social context. I believe it is option C because Holson integrated the quotes with paraphrases and details that contributed to Holson's social context of a small town being affected by a Hollywood movie. Also, the essay is structured where a thesis is presented of her goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment